Monday, September 20, 2010

Media in Germany: radio; homework for Monday 9-20

      When listening to the German radios stations, I noticed they were basically the same exact thing as ours. I could tell they had the same songs, but I'm guessing they were just translated into the German language because I couldn't understand what they were saying.  The beats to their songs were the same as ours tough, so that lead me to thing they're just translated songs.  They have a wide variety of genres to choose from just like here in America too. 


What does it mean when patterns across the Western globe are so similar?  I think it means that once someone starts to prefer one media type over another, the rest of the world will follow. 

Where do cultural differences “survive” if media do not carry them? – or do they?  they survive through traditions.  For example:  Christmas.  media didn't carry annual celebration of Christmas, it was through tradition of Christians.  but now days media is starting to take over it and its not really what it used to be
           

No comments:

Post a Comment